The Alzheimer Society of is pleased to host a one-day workshop – The Dementia DOME
(Dementia Opportunities Mindfulness Education)
This is a hands-on workshop for trying practical strategies, based on caregiver experience.
Join the Dementia DOME for a dynamic, interactive session with the goal of empowering loved ones caring for a person with dementia. The session is focused on creating a strong understanding of the dementia continuum, providing skills and strategies for interacting and communicating with a person with dementia, and understanding what resources are available. The workshop will deepen the caregiver’s knowledge and skills to continue to have a meaningful relationship with the person living with dementia.
* Brain tour: Understanding changes to the brain
* Practical approaches: Strategies for participant’s issues
* Positive communication: What to say and how to say it
* Caregiver resiliency: Taking care of yourself
* Next steps: Community resources, continuing care, and homecare
Location: Alzheimer Society of Calgary, #800 7015 MacLeod Trail S.W.
Attendees: Any person that is a caregiver or has a loved one living with dementia.
Date: April 18, 2019
Hours: 9:00-12:00 & 1:00-4:00pm (Full day workshop with one-hour lunchbreak)
To register: call 403-290-0110 or go to alzheimercalgary.ca